We're military and move a lot. Pretty sure at some point I am going to lose all my recipes. So, I'm trying to put my favorites on the web to lessen the impact that would have. If you are afraid of losing yours too, you are welcome to send me your favorites or try these and comment.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ranch Chicken Pasta with Spinach



I got this recipe years ago (11 to be exact) from the lady that does my mom's nails.  I forgot about it for a really long time and have recently started using it again.  It has become one of my very favorites.  A little while ago I made this and put it in a casserole dish for a friend when she had a baby.  She loved it and wanted the recipe so I thought it would be easiest to just start a blog and put it on along with some other favorites.  Enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ingredients:
Bag of baby Spinach
Chicken (Rotisserie)
Pasta (any type)
Fresh Salsa (or chopped raw onion and tomato)
Ranch Dressing
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Servings:  Plenty for 4-6 people

Cook the pasta, drain and return to pot.  Add a little butter or oil to keep it from sticking to itself.

Heat a pan on the stove. Get it hot before you drizzle some ranch dressing on it, about 1/2 a cup depending on how much chicken you put it.  Let the dressing get a little bubbly and hot.  Put the chicken in and saute it in the Ranch Dressing just enough to coat the chicken. Saute until the dressing has reduced to an oil.  If you can cook it high and get a slight sear on the chicken it tastes great.  Best if the chicken is already cooked before you put it in the pan.  That is why I use the rotisserie chicken you buy at the grocery store, that and it doesn't get dry.  Any chicken will work though.

Rinse baby spinach.  Put a handful on a plate and microwave it for 10-20 seconds. It will lay flat on the plate.  The small water droplets from the rinsing will keep the spinach from drying out.


Cover the spinach with a layer of cooked pasta.

Put a layer of fresh salsa on top of the pasta.  (I didn't have salsa when I made this last so I just chopped up some raw onion and cherry tomatoes and it worked great.  I think I liked the taste better actually.)


Put the chicken on top of the salsa and then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over everything.  You can add salt and pepper if you would like.



Then for dessert.  This has got to be the yummiest thing in the frozen food section of any grocery store.  It's the Hersey's chocolate pie.  I usually restrict myself and only buy one when I have company coming over. That way I am less likely to eat the entire thing by myself.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment