We're military and move a lot. Pretty sure at some point I am going to lose all my recipes. So, I'm trying to put my favorites on the web to lessen the impact that would have. If you are afraid of losing yours too, you are welcome to send me your favorites or try these and comment.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Taco Soup

I love pushing the easy button.  I got this easy recipe from my friend Patsy when we lived in Germany.  We were going through the RLBT (Ridiculously Long Business Trip= 15 Month Deployment) and the easy button was quite coveted.  Most of the ingredients I can have on hand at any time and only need to make sure I have the ground beef and onion in stock.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can corn, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 package taco seasoning (I only use 1/3 of it, use to your own taste)
grated cheese (I like colby jack, but whatever type of yellow cheese you like)
sour cream
tortilla chips

Brown ground beef and onion.  I do this in a big pot instead of frying pan, less dirty dishes that way.  Then add the tomatoes, corn, beans and seasoning.  Simmer 15-20 minutes.  Serve with cheese, sour cream and chips.    Lately I've been wanting to add salsa or cream cheese to the mix and see how it tastes.  Jason calls this nachos because it's thick.  Whatever you call it, it's yummy.
Happy eating everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment